Saturday, May 22, 2010

First Sabbath Blog

 I was checking out other Christian blogs this afternoon to get a sense of what a Christian blog is supposed to look like. I saw a lot of research and a lot of texts from the Bible. I don't believe this is going to be that type of blog. I just want it to be something fresh and light that other young Christian women can relate to. Personally, when I start reading those kinds of blogs it kind of intimidates me. I don't want people to feel intimidated by reading my blog, I want them to relate.
This morning as I was getting ready to go to church I thought about the first year of my marraige and how it was a struggle for my husband and I to get ourselves to church every week. Most of the time we chose not to go. After our first year of marraige we bought a house and realized that we're setting roots for a family. This meant we needed to start taking our spiritual lives more seriously as well. I've always enjoyed church once I got there, it's just the getting there part that I struggled with. It was still a struggle every week to get ourselves to church but now we don't even think about it. I thought about how amazing it is that God helped us get to this level of maturity where we don't have to wake up in the morning and look at each other with a question of, "Who's going to ask first whether we're going to church?". And just this small step means the world to me. And now I've decided that I would like to blog about my day to day struggles with self. I hope whoever finds this finds it refreshing to know that your not the only one who struggles every day with denying self and choosing Christ and that millions of other people struggle with the same exact thing you struggle with. You are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment