Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cooking for my hubby

Any woman who's been married more than a few months knows there are two sure ways to put a smile on your husbands face. One, make them a nice home cooked meal. Two, well if your a married woman I don't even need to say what two is. Well if you want to put a smile on your husbands face every day I suggest you start cooking. When I first got married I was really into the whole wifey clean and cook and make my husband Justin happy routine. That died really quickly after the first few months. I didn't even start working until about three months after we got married but I got lazy and just didn't feel like cooking for him. Well that was the beginning of all problems. Any time we began arguing about anything, whether it was cleaning or taking the dog out, me not cooking for him always came up. Even after I started working. This really frustrated me because all Justin did when he got home was sit on the couch and watch TV. I was still doing all the cleaning, laundry, dishes, taking care of the dog. But I noticed something. Every time I did feel like making him a nice meal he was much more up to doing what I wanted to do and helping me out. Not always, but most of the time.
    So two weeks ago I started thinking, "hmmmm, maybe I'll start cooking for Justin every day for work instead of just 2 times a week". I have to say that ever since I started doing this things have been amazing. Justin always leaves and comes home with a big smile on his face. He gives me kisses while I'm cooking, and even asks if there is anything he can do to help. Not only that but when I ask him to do something, more often than not, he'll actually do it. Who would of ever thought? Well Jesus did. Apparently Jesus has always been big on the whole serving others thing. Luke 22:26 says "Those who are greatest among you shall take the lowest rank, and the leader shall be like a servant." So basically by me serving my husband, I am actually leading him to do more around the house. lol. I know this sounds ridiculous but to me it makes sense. Once I began to serve Justin and do the one thing he asked, he began listening to me more. And it goes both ways. I listen to him more as well. There hasn't been as much arguing or yelling (on my part) going on in my house these past few weeks and I'm thankful for it. And if me cooking every day is the solution to all of our problems (probably isn't) than I'm going to keep on cooking!
     Next time you and your significant other have an argument, instead of saying, "you don't do this for me, or that for me", or "what it is about me?", ask them "WHAT CAN I DO FOR YOU."

1 comment:

  1. Hell Yea cooking will keep that man smilling!!!

    Nice read Yil, keep'em coming

    ReplyDelete